What Happens if You Take Testosterone Orally?
Testosterone is a hormone produced by the human body that has many important biological functions. It is responsible for the growth and development of male characteristics, such as increased muscle mass, facial and body hair growth, a deeper voice, and increased libido. Taking testosterone orally can be an effective way of increasing testosterone levels in the blood.
When taken orally, testosterone is metabolized differently than when injected directly into the bloodstream. As an oral medication, it is absorbed differently through the digestive system and more slowly into the bloodstream than when it's injected directly. This means that it takes longer to achieve desired effects after taking an oral testosterone supplement.
Taking testosterone orally may have several benefits over other methods:
- Easier to administer - Unlike injections or patches applied to the skin, taking testosterone orally requires no special equipment or training. It also eliminates any potential discomfort associated with using needles or applying transdermal patches.
- Economical - If you are looking to boost your natural testosterone levels without breaking the bank, taking an oral supplement may be a suitable option. Although prices vary depending on form and brand of supplement chosen, oral supplements tend to be more cost-effective than other options such as injections or prescription creams or gels.
- Discretion - Oral supplements can be taken in private at home without having to involve a doctor or pharmacist, providing you with greater discretion when managing your hormone levels.
However, there are also potential drawbacks to consider before starting oral supplementation:
- Less reliable - Because absorption of oral forms of testosterone varies among individuals due to their digestive system physiology and other factors such as fatty tissue composition and medications taken with food, results can be much less predictable than with other methods like intramuscular injections or transdermal creams/gels applied directly to the skin. This makes dosing more difficult as well because it’s hard to know exactly how much of the active ingredient enters your bloodstream each time you take it orally!
- Longer duration - Since oral supplements must pass through your digestive tract first before entering into your circulation via your liver enzymes (known as “first-pass metabolism”), their effects will not begin until several hours later – generally around 4–6 hours after ingestion – compared with near-instantaneous benefits when using injectable hormones like testosterone-cypionate or enanthate which enter directly into circulation upon injection and become active almost immediately.
Fortunately, HGH Treatment clinic replacement clinic offers high-quality tests designed specifically for men and women looking improve hormone balance while reducing risks associated with supplementing hormones orally. Our experienced doctors take a personalized approach based on age and lifestyle needs so patients get exactly what they need safely and effectively! Visit us today for more information on how our services can help improve your well-being!