Some women experience thinning hair and hair loss during menopause. This can be a concerning and distressing symptom, but rest assured; there are some steps you can take to help your hair grow back. While it may not return to its pre-menopausal thickness and luster, with the right care, your hair should be able to regrow more normally.
Causes of Hair Loss During Menopause:
- Hormonal changes – the drop in estrogen levels during menopause leads to a decrease in blood flow which affects the health of our hair follicles.
- Age – as we age, the rate at which our cells regenerate decreases, meaning that our body is less likely to produce new hair cells as it did before.
- Stress – typically, stress hormones lead to increased production of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which contributes to higher rates of hair loss for women going through menopause.
Tips for Regrowing Hair After Menopause:
- Eat foods high in nutrients – vitamins A, B-complex, C and E are essential for healthy scalp and hair growth. Try eating lots of dark leafy greens such as spinach or kale as well as lentils, eggs and nuts in order to get these vital vitamins into your diet.
- Try an egg mask - Egg masks are said to work wonders on improving scalp health and encouraging regrowth after menopause – simply beat two eggs together and apply directly onto scalp using circular motions with fingertips. Leave for around 15 mins then rinse off with cold water for best results!
- Use products that increase blood circulation - Certain herbal oils such as rosemary oil have been known to improve blood circulation when applied topically which consequently also helps support healthy regrowth in areas affected by menopausal hair loss.
Hormone Replacement Therapy: In extreme cases where topical treatments have not been successful at restoring lost or thinning hair post menopause, hormone replacement therapy may be an option worth considering. Hormone Treatment Center offers one of the most comprehensive hormone replacement programs available today — providing tailored plans according to individual needs while ensuring optimal health throughout their transformation journey. So if you’re looking for a reliable clinic offering natural and sustainable solutions that help restore balance in your body — book a consultation with Hormone Treatment Center today!